users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Providing failover? Using glassfish and ms sql server database mirroring

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:01:30 PDT

If you have multiple SQL Server instances already, have you considered an active/active arrangement rather than active/passive with failover?

xkoto (www.xkoto.com) is releasing support for replication of SQL Server using a pool architecture - our jdbc driver would route SQL statements to our GRIDSCALE virtual database which then load balances reads and does async replication on writes down to a pool (of 2, 3, or more) SQL Server instances. The pool is active/active so you don't need to manage failover.
[Message sent by forum member 'alee_xkoto' (alee_xkoto)]