users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish domains on same server under own unix user credetials?

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:42:41 +0200

Yes, "domain" is overloaded. You should take the term in the
"administrative" sense and not in the DNS sense.

If using the developer profile, then yes, the domain is a single
instance (one JVM) which happens to be running the GUI admin tool, the
config repository and your applications.

If using the cluster profile, the members of the cluster are all part
of the same administrative domain spreading across multiple JVM's and
machines. They use node agents to refresh local repository caches from
the main repository located on the DAS. Administration happens ideally
at the DAS level only. The DAS is not required to run the cluster,
only to modify its config.

hth,
-Alexis