users@glassfish.java.net

RE: GlassFish domains on same server under own unix user credetials?

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:45:10 -0400

I do pretty rapid deployments to my GF dev server and atleast once a day I have to restart it due to an apparent PermGen memory leak, which eventually doesn't allow any more deployment of an app.

This occurs when I'm deploying EARs and WARs all day... probably atleast 25-30 times, or more.

Other then that, I rarely have to restart my GF server. But, I still wouldn’t want to share the server, for example when I want to experiment with different JDBC drivers etc. At the moment I don't have to dynamically change much config, but there are times when my development is closely dependant on config changes in the app server, which may require many restarts.

What's wrong with simply creating a new domain in a single GlassFish install for each developer?

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com