users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish domains on same server under own unix user credetials?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:24:17 PDT

Dear all,
Q. How to run different virtual domains under own unix user credentials?
My server runs several domains and few apps on each.
Applications belong to different development groups and having direct access to file system. For security reasons I want restrict web applications in same domain by applying unix user/group on process.
As I understand, virtual domain in GF is served by separate process anyway.
Any idea how to control those processe's owner user ?

I could install independent GF for each domain on different ports. In this case, each GF instance will run under own user credentials. It will take 40 Mb and inability to have common admin UI for all.

Any hint is quite appreciated.
Sasha
[Message sent by forum member 'sashafirsov' (sashafirsov)]