users@glassfish.java.net

Howto: Build domain template based on existing domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 05:59:07 PDT

Hi,

I tried to create my own domain template. That template based on a existing domain.

This was my way:
* Copy ".../GLASSFISH/domains/DOMAIN-NAME/config/domain.xml"
* Remove all nodes containg:
  # MEjbApp
  # __ejb_container_timer_app
  # __JWSappclients
* Save as "template-domain.xml"
* Create new domain with "create-domain --user MY_USERNAME --passwordfile MY_PASSWORD_FILE --adminport MY_ADMINPORT --profile MY_PROFILE --template MY_FULL_PATH_TO_TEMPLATE --savemasterpassword=true --savelogin=true MY_DOMAIN_NAME"

What else is to keep in mind? Can I use placeholders in template file?

Each commet is wanted. I will update this post on every improvement. So don't be shy ;-)
[Message sent by forum member 'hegalor' (hegalor)]