users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish v3 workspace building error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 01:17:10 PDT

Hi Sahoo,

  Thanks your reply! And my reply is late and these days I am always try to build the V3 source and find my building problem.

  To my exited, I find the answer:

I have spent more time to search the v3 building related materials, and the most useful materials are:

[1] http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3DevelopmentInstructions
[2] http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FullBuildInstructions
[3] http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/totd_33_building_glassfish_v3
[4] http://jpz-log.info/archives/2008/06/14/building-glassfish-v3-from-svn/

First, As you said,had better use Maven 2.0.7 rather than 2.0.9.

[Very Important!!]Second, making sure that my ~/.m2/settings.xml (or gloable settings.xml) has a proper entry like this:

<profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>v3</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>glassfish-repository</id>
          <url>http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>java.net</id>
          <url>http://download.java.net/maven/1</url>
          <layout>legacy</layout>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

Because of some reason(maybe I come from China, Network sometimes interupted,or the main Maven Repo may be unavailable...), I must set the following backup repo.

Of course, if being Company with proxy server, I also set the Maven Proxy setting.

finally, need to set the "-Dmaven.test.skip=true". If not setting the option,building maybe having some problem.

So, I have passed V3 building successfully!
[Message sent by forum member 'mike_tang' (mike_tang)]