users@glassfish.java.net

how to look up a resource adapter

From: Rama Sundari <sundari.drs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 13:30:48 +0530

Hi,

I have deployed a resource adapter implemnataion rar file using glassfish.

When the server is starting the the reource adapter is also getting
started..(the start method is getting invoked).

The implementation structure is MyRAImpl.rar(contains implementaion classes
and META_INF which has ra.xml and manifestaion).

The contents of ra.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connector id="Connector_ID" version="1.5" xmlns="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee *
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/connector_1_5.xsd*<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/connector_1_5.xsd>">

<description></description>

<display-name>RAExample</display-name>

<vendor-name>te</vendor-name>

<eis-type>Diameter Base Protocol</eis-type>

<resourceadapter-version>1.5</resourceadapter-version>

<resourceadapter>

<resourceadapter-class>

com.ra.ResourceAdapterImpl

</resourceadapter-class>

<outbound-resourceadapter>

<connection-definition>

<managedconnectionfactory-class>

com.ra.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl

</managedconnectionfactory-class>

<connectionfactory-interface> javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory

</connectionfactory-interface>

<connectionfactory-impl-class> com.ra.ConnectionFactoryImpl

</connectionfactory-impl-class>

<connection-interface> javax.resource.cci.Connection

</connection-interface>

<connection-impl-class> com.ra.ConnectionImpl

</connection-impl-class>

</connection-definition>

<transaction-support>NoTransaction</transaction-support>

<reauthentication-support>false</reauthentication-support>

</outbound-resourceadapter>

</resourceadapter>

 </connector>

The module is deployed properly and we created a connector pool through
admin console.

Now I want to look up the resource adapter through a servlet.

What is the jndi name I have to use..

Do I need to specify any server specific xml file in ResourceAdapter
implemetation…?

I am trying to look up using the jndi name which was set up through admin
console while creating connection pool.

But it is not working …getting NameNotBoundException..

Please help me..

Thanks in adavance...

--
Thanks,