users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Glassfish web start application client connection settings

From: Manfred Riem <mriem_at_manorrock.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:58:49 -0600

Have a look at http://www.manorrock.com/documents/glassfish/proxy_ssl.html,
maybe that can help you out.

Manfred

-----Original Message-----
From: glassfish_at_javadesktop.org [mailto:glassfish_at_javadesktop.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:11 AM
To: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Re: Glassfish web start application client connection settings

> I'm not sure if I got your problem right, but did you
> try to use the JnlpDownloadServlet with your app?
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/devel
> opersguide/downloadservletguide.html

Thanks for the tip. However, I've temporarily given up on getting it to run behind a reverse proxy, first I want to get it to work with direct connections. I'm still not able to get the application client to use SSL.

<vent>I must say I find the process very frustrating. Glassfish seems to go out of its way to make it difficult to distribute an application client which is 1) distributed over SSL, 2) communicates with the server over SSL and 3) has to authenticate itself with a particular certificate (surely very reasonable requirements for an enterprise application platform?), and there is next to no documentation about it. I keep running into brick walls...

I'm sure I could get it to work manually, but surely Glassfish's automatic web start mechanism for application clients should be able to do this in order to be useful in the real world?!</vent>
[Message sent by forum member 'pepijn_schmitz' (pepijn_schmitz)]