users@glassfish.java.net

HttpServlet class not found

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:20:38 PDT

I have GlassFish installed. Before deploying my web application, I tried to compile my servlet files. But I get errors during compilation saying HttpServet not found. Similarly, ServletRequest and ServletResponse classes are not found. I have JDK 6. Do I need to install any extension libraries from Glassfish site?

Also, I have a class creating a JDBC connection to a Database . When this class is accessed from a JSP file in the web application, the server does not respond.Neither does it give any errors.However, the same class is able to access the database outside the web application when used run from the command prompt.What should I do?
[Message sent by forum member 'shalabhvyas' (shalabhvyas)]