users@glassfish.java.net

[urgent] problem in starting server when the app already deployed

From: is_maximum <mnrz57_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 04:56:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

We have a problem in starting Glassfish server. When the application is
already deployed and we restart the server, the glassfish stop responding
and seems it gets into a loop!.

to clarify, let me tell you that we are using EJB3 (on Glassfish 9.1) and we
have a ContextListener to initialize our application. this listener will
init some config classes. one of these classes will use InitialContext to
lookup a DAO class. As I traced the logs, I realized that right when the
application is going to lookup the DAO class everything stops !!!

if we remove the application and start the server and then deploy the
application, everything's Ok, but this problem emerge only if we didn't
undeployed the application before restarting.

Should be this a bug in Glassfish?

My guess is that this InitialContext is going to lookup just before all the
EJBs are initialized by the container. if I am right, how to avoid to
initialize my application before initializing the EJBs?

is there any workaround?

thank you very much

-----
--