users@glassfish.java.net

Re: help me understand keep-alive config.

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:20:06 +0100

Hmm, ok, looks like this line

> gfish$ asadmin get -m instance1.http-service.keep-alive.*count
>
> instance1.http-service.keep-alive.countconnections-count = 607

has no relation to actual OS http connections - if I take the instance out
of load balance, netstat shows no connections to the instance from the
netscaler,
but that number remains high.

I'm assuming there's another component/module in between the keep alive pool
and the actual http listener.
Could anyone point me to docs or explain how this hangs together?
It'd really help my confidence re. deploying this.

If it helps, I'm running with
"-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false" -
largely because bigger boys told me to :)

(What *does* that actually do, anyway?)

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/