users@glassfish.java.net

JNDI lookup via IIOP port takes forever

From: CS Wong <lilwong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:33:32 +0800

Hi,

I have a bunch of session beans running in GF that, when invoked from within
the container from the web tier, seems to perform fine. But at the same
time, I have a few quartz jobs and command line scripts that I use to invoke
the session beans as well via the IIOP port.

The contents of the scripts line looks somewhat like this: java
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=192.168.55.43-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort=33700
-cp
.:./lib/bsso-SNAPSHOT-200801311430.jar:./lib/FSGConnectorEJB-RELEASE-V1.00-20080607-production-client.jar:./lib/commons-net-1.4.1.jar:./lib/appserv-ext.jar:./lib/appserv-rt.jar:./lib/appserv-deployment-client.jar:./lib/javaee.jar:./lib/commons-lang-2.1.jar:./lib/virtuoso-ejbs-1.0.jar:./lib/commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
FTPConnectorTest $1 $2 $3 $4

Initially, upon startup of the GF, the lookup and execution is fast enough.
Not exactly blazing fast, but nobody's gonna complain about 3-5 seconds
anyway. But after a week or so of running, I'm going to get lookup timings
like this:

-----------
Invoking method reparse
SALARY
Looking up FSG service...
Got FSG service. Time utilized: 522511ms
Done!
-----------

Imagine trying to run a series of scripts on a daily basis, each taking this
long!!!

I'm pretty convinced that it's the JNDI lookup phase that's taking this
long, but I'm stumped as to why. Is there anybody who can assist in pointing
me to the right direction on this? As it is I don't even know where to begin
to troubleshoot this. Restarting is not really an option as this is a
banking system and I'm locked out of the production environment. The ones
running the scripts are the bank IT staff and imagine their complaints right
now :(

Thanks,
Wong