users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish strange behaviour; no logs, some things not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 05:49:29 PDT

This is the GlassFish that comes bundles with Java CAPS 6.
OS is AIX 5.3 64-bit. IBM's J9 VM, Java 6.

When I start the domain (the default domain1) the last thing I see in the logs is this:
-XX:MaxPermSize=192m
-XX:NewRatio=2
-Xms512m
-Xmx512m
-XX:+LogVMOutput
-XX:LogFile=/jcaps/6/appserver/domains/domain1/logs/jvm.log
-cp
/jcaps/6/appserver/lib/jhall.jar:/jcaps/6/appserver/lib/appserv-launch.jar
com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch
start

(That's the command line used to start GF.)

I can log in to the domain as admin. No matter what I change or do, there are no more log messages.

The filesystems are not full.

Anybody else seen this before?
[Message sent by forum member 'sysprv' (sysprv)]