users@glassfish.java.net

Database name for sample ejb/savingsaccout in bundled Derby

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:30:30 PDT

Hi,

I want to try samples for GlassFish, but got stuck at the first one :(.
I am trying sample ejb/savingsaccout. I took SavingsAccountApp.ear. It seems to use bundled Derby database, but I can not connect to it. I tried all names (ejbTutorialDB, SavingsAccontDB), none worked.
Can somebody tell me what is the name of database and how to connect to it?
I tried with ij:
ij> connect jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/ejbTutorialDB;
Can somebody help me how to connect to db? So, that I can see what is stored in it. I assume everyone who is trying these examples come with the same problems :(.
Maybe I need some user or password? However, they are not in configuration file or application.

Thanks,
Alfas

sun-ejb-jar.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sun-ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 8.1 EJB 2.1//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-ejb-jar_2_1-1.dtd">

<sun-ejb-jar>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <name>SavingsAccountJAR</name>
    <ejb>
      <ejb-name>SavingsAccountBean</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>SavingsAccountBean</jndi-name>
      <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/SavingsAccountDB</res-ref-name>
        <jndi-name>jdbc/ejbTutorialDB</jndi-name>
      </resource-ref>
    </ejb>
  </enterprise-beans>
</sun-ejb-jar>
[Message sent by forum member 'alfas' (alfas)]