users@glassfish.java.net

How to configure Glassfish V2 to use Websphere MQ/MQS as Foreign JMS?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:32:04 PDT

Hi all,

as the subject says i am trying to connect a Glassfish V2 domain to MQS and so far i am kinda puzzled about how to do that. I came across this tutorial https://genericjmsra.dev.java.net/docs/websphere-mq-integration-guide/webspheremq_integration_guide.html which adresses Sun AS 8.2. Is there an updated version of this document for GF V2?

I also looked into the Administration Guide and found the section concerning how to Foreign JMS Providers using the Generic Resource Adapter. The document told me how to create connection factories etc on the server but i did not find any clue about how to actually attach those components to the respective MQS resources.

I did that before using WLS 10 where i could reference a FSContext in which bindings to the queue manager where defined. Is there a similar mechanism for GF V2? Any pointers to documentation about this would be welcome.

Also if you think i have misunderstood some of the concepts or misread the documentation please let me know and correct me.

Thank you,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'candlejack' (candlejack)]