users@glassfish.java.net

Re: triggering an event when glassfish is shutting down

From: Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.connolly_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:41:47 +0100

You probably want a ServletContextListener...

I don't think you really want to know when Glassfish is shutting down
as your app will have been stopped before Glassfish is shutdown...

What you want to know is when your app is being shutdown...

ServletContextListener will give you this.

It's also a standard feature of all Servlet containers, so Google Is Your Friend

AFAIK, JavaEE6 will expose this to more than just servlets, so you'll
no longer need a WAR to find the start/stop info out