users@glassfish.java.net

Re: new InitialContext is very slow in remote ApplicationClient

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:50:50 PDT

Some questions:

1. What release/build of GlassFish are you using?

2. From the source code excerpt you provided, I assume you are not using the app client container (ACC) to launch your app, but just running it as a normal Java app?

It seems that there may be some interaction between Java Web Start and the client-side ORB. Other users have seen behavior similar to this with the ORB in a Java Web Start app but I don't hink it has never been tracked down to the point where a clear cause has emerged.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]