users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v2 Entity Cache problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:58:06 PDT

Hello Markus,

I'm not sure if you are doing the persist in a separate application from the find, but if its the same one, you have to be sure to set all bidirectional relationships. If not, you will get problems such as this where the cache does not reflect what is in the database - this is required by the JPA specification.

TopLink Essentails has issolated and shared caches which you can configure to meet your usage needs. I'd strongly recommend you read Wonseok's blog on the issue at http://weblogs.java.net/blog/guruwons/archive/2006/09/understanding_t_1.html

Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt' (chris_delahunt)]