users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish and Gentoo

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:58:55 PDT

I will do so.

The major issue is that Gentoo wants packages built from source and the package I submitted is a binary distribution style package. So for now, it may make it into an overlay, but not into the main tree.

I've thought about trying to package V2, but parts of it could be difficult to achieve. I think I'll leave it as a bin package for now.

I've started looking at V3 and it's looking more promising. It seems to be a cleaner layout and build system/modules to V2.
[Message sent by forum member 'lazjen' (lazjen)]