users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish newbie, file missing error

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:20:15 -0700

What suggestion exactly did you try?

If there is only one file under config directory, your domain was not
properly configured. One potential cause would be if you don't have full
JDK, but not JRE installed on your Windows system, so please check for
that and make sure that you followed instructions from Installation
Notes: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/install/v3-preview2.html

To perform some further troubleshooting, please do the following: enter
your %TEMP% folder and look for the file called
yyyy-MM-dd-hh-mm-install.log (with appropriate timestamp value
corresponding to your initial installation). At the very end of the log
file there should be log messages coming out of InstallationConfigurator
class - do you see any errors listed there?

Other alternative would be to download and install zip distribution
which comes with preconfigured initial domain, zip distribution is
available here:

http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3-tp2/promoted/gfv3-preview2.zip

Even if you use this distribution, you need to make sure that you read
through installation notes and quick start guide in order to correctly
set your environment.