users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Number of requests per second taken care by glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 20:05:34 PDT

Hello Hammoud,

Thank you for the references and update.

> This exception occured on my old system with
> GlassFish V1.
> Weeks of search and asking ends in the "File
> Descriptor Limit" of Linux.
>
> Currently i run GlassFish V2 many month without this
> exception using following configuration:
> http://www.i-coding.de/www/en/glassfish/too-many-open-
> files.html

I have already set the file system limit to the 655350 which
is 10 times the regular one. But still the problem appears.
For MySQL, we have a config variable like open_files_limit.
I wish there is one such setting for glassfish as well.

I shall try the other two settings given in the article:
# All files in the class directory of an web application are packed to an jar file
# Better create statistic offline (AWStats)

However, I feel, they would just minimize the problem, but
do not resolve it!? :(

> > Each request takes about 4 to 5 seconds to
> respond.
>
> Sounds like same problem i posted some days before:
> 71

Incidentally, I was using almost the same h/w, s/w configuration.

Hello Jeanfrancois, Can I use the patch you have mentioned
in that post, just in case ;)

Kind Regards,
Sanjeev
[Message sent by forum member 'sanjeev_any' (sanjeev_any)]