users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_ApplicationException(rollback=true) does not rollback transaction

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:50:43 PDT

Hi Cheng,

Sorry for confusion. I have found the error. I have separated Domain specific stuff in separate JAR package. besides interfaces and DTO's it contains also ApplicationExceptions. UI and Domain logic implementation was depending in this one package. But only Implementation was deployed. When I put ApplicationEception directly into implementation everythink was correct.

Hovever now it is a it unclear to me how the application should be packaged as AppliationException is domain specific and as such it needs to be near interfaces. If interfaces are, together with Exceptions are in separate JAR it seems that only way to declare ApplicationException to be recognized by application server is though deployment descriptor? I have thounght that application server recognizes exception as ApplicationException at throw time. It seems that I was wrong. Application server recognizes ApplicationException at deployment time ... ?

thanks for help

Regards
Robert
[Message sent by forum member 'robert74' (robert74)]