users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Need help with asadmin change-master-password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:54:22 PDT

Thanks for the help. Your suggestion partially worked. If I delete the master-password file in domains/domain1, I am able to run the change-master-password command to reset the master password, but the command still requires that I enter the correct master password. This leads me to believe that the master password is stored in another location by Glassfish. One more note: unless one includes --savemasterpassword=true on the change-master-password command, the master-password file is never created.

So, the bottom line is that I am still looking for a way to reset the master-password without having to know its current setting. I ask because I don't have the master password on the Glassfish installation that I need to upgrade.

Rick
[Message sent by forum member 'rickhoro' (rickhoro)]