users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CLI171 Command deploy failed : Deployment of application failed -- help

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:04:53 PDT

No I am not using JSR-88.

I am using asadmin script to create-domain (specifying an admin port too) and then using startserv to start the server.

I wait for the admin port to come up and then use asadmin script to deploy war file.
If I sleep for say 5 secs, before deploying and after admin port is up (am using tcp connect to infer that admin port is up), the war deployment passes.

But sometimes it fails giving me the above error. One thing is that sleeping for 5 secs (just like that) is not good enough to let the server come up. And again waiting for the admin port to be up before deployment seems like its not the best way to conclude that the glassfish server is up and ready for deploys.

Is there any way I can tell that the glassfish server is up and running before deploying so that I can be sure that I don't get a 500 response code from http://localhost:XXX/web1/remotejmx???

Any help would be really appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'abhisanoujam' (abhisanoujam)]