users@glassfish.java.net

Admin Console looses User session

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:47:43 PDT

We're converting from JBoss to Glassfish and have v2ur1 installed (we started this in Feb '08 and then had to put it on-hold...now we are resuming the effort). If I login to the console port 4848, I notice I can navigate the console pages but many links force me to re-login.

For example, if I navigate to Resources->JDBC->Connection Pools and choose a pool, then the page displays the General tab for the pool. So far, things are fine. If I now choose the Advanced tab on the same content page then I am redirected to the Admin Console login page and that is a problem! I can never view these links, the same process repeats after each login.

It appears the User session is lost anytime I click a link in the content panel (right-side of page) while I can click anywhere on the navigation panel (left-side of page).

How can I remedy this? Also, my application has had similar session anomolies. At times a 2nd user could NOT login. In another case, when the app generates PDF using iText it seems to loose the User session also.

Anyhow, one step at a time. If I can get multiple users to login as Admin and correctly navigate the console it may shed light on the other app issues.

Attached is the domain.xml for reference.

Kind regards,
James
[Message sent by forum member 'jameshr' (jameshr)]