users@glassfish.java.net

Dropped connections when using glassfish with activemq

From: davood <dave.fet_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 23:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to use activemq with gassfish as messaging layer. The reason I
want to use activemq is that I have a c# client too and AFAIK opemmq doesn't
support .net clients. Any way I was able to set it up and use it using
generic resource adapter. I'm sending and receiving small files (normally
smaller than 1 meg). As soon as there is small load on jms (say 5-10
messages containing small files) I face with dropped connections, As far as
I see there is no memory problem. This is the exception I'm getting in
glassfish.

|Error in allocating a connection. Cause: javax.transaction.SystemException
javax.resource.spi.ResourceAllocationException: Error in allocating a
connection. Cause: javax.transaction.SystemException
        at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectionManagerImpl.internalGetConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:353)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:235)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:165)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectionManagerImpl.allocateConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:158)
        at
com.sun.genericra.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:75)
        at
com.sun.genericra.outbound.ConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:115)
        .
        .
        .
        .
        .
Caused by: com.sun.enterprise.resource.PoolingException:
javax.transaction.SystemException
at
com.sun.enterprise.resource.PoolManagerImpl.getResource(PoolManagerImpl.java:225)
at
com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectionManagerImpl.internalGetConnection(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:337)
... 56 more

Please note that Activemq is up and running and c# client can access it
correctly. I have this problem with glassfish v2, v2ur1 and v2ur2 though it
seems v2ur2 is a little better.

Thanks.