users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail converts UTF-8 chars to question marks

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 22:21:45 PDT

Thanks,

Actually I managed to solve my problem by explicitly setting JVM encoding to UTF-8 with file.encoding flag. This is strange since server encoding didn't change and I didn't use this flag before.. Also standalone application worked on my server without using this flag. Anyway, thanks for the tip on how to save message sent by JavaMail on the server side. Actually I was looking for the way to do it and couldn't figure it out.

Best regards
Olaf Tomczak
[Message sent by forum member 'olafos' (olafos)]