users@glassfish.java.net

Duplicate component ID - using JSF (MyFaces) and Facelets

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:29:21 PDT

Hi

I have a problem developing a JSF/Facletes Application.
One of my pages contains a DataTable which has a binding to backing bean. When I open the page first time every thing works fine. I can see all rows and all columns. But if I try to open the page second time I got an error:

..... Duplicate component ID dataForm:issuelist_id1:j_id75 found in view
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Component ID dataForm_myneuedataform:issuelist_id1:j_id75 has already been found in the view. See below for details.
+id: null

I found out that if I remove one column form my dataTable the page works perfectly. I can open the page as much times I like.
If I add a simple dummy column to my datatable the error occurred again.

I am using the following components:
Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs)

jsf-facelets 1.1.14
tomahawk 1.1.6

and the original jsf implementation bundled with glassfish.

It would be greatful if anybody can give me a hint what I can do.

thanks
Ralph
[Message sent by forum member 'rsoika' (rsoika)]