users@glassfish.java.net

JSR 196: MessagePolicy.isMandatory() appears to return invalid value?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:57:18 PDT

I have a basic JSR 196 implementation to allow single sign on based on request information. It all works fine with a sample application I have created, but when I integrate with our internal system, i seem to get inconsistent results from the Request Policy's isManditory method.

What I am seeing is that a resource that is protected by web.xml security constraints is returning "false" for isManditory on the first invocation, so I return AuthStatus.SUCCESS. However, this causes what can only be explained as infinite redirection, as the resource is protected and requires a Subject and the JSR 196 provider is invoked over and over again.

If I remote debug this session and manually change isManditory to true for the first invocation, i do the Subject creation and every subsequent invocation returns true as is expected.

Can anyone provide some information on where I should start looking to find out why i am seeing such behavior from Glassfish?
[Message sent by forum member 'vinsonizer' (vinsonizer)]