users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Re: How to obtain client.jar?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:57:26 PDT

Hi, Markus.

1. The shell script uses AS_JAVA to find the java image to run but for nothing else. I do not think a JDK is required (as opposed to a JRE), but I have not looked into the ant task code itself to know for sure if it might be needed there.

2. As for the native content, I think that the native content is the appclient script for launching the client. When GF installs it deposits only that platform's appclient script (either appclient or appclient.bat). So when you use package-appclient it can only fetch the current platform's variant of the script.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]