users@glassfish.java.net

Re: URGENT: Self Signed SSL Cert NOT Trusted

From: V B Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:23:19 +0530

Nikolaos Giannopoulos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error during a WS-Trust operation on GF v2u2:
> Peer trust error(s): The X.509 certificate CN=idp.domain0001.com,
> OU=Sun Java System Application Server, O=Sun Microsystems, L=Santa
> Clara, S=California, C=US is not in the trusted people store.

Is there an associated stack-trace. This does not appear to be a
message thrown by WS-Trust impl in GlassFish.

> The certificate that is being used is the self-signed Glass Fish
> created certificate.

That cert will automatically be in GlassFish truststore
<domains>/domain1/config/cacerts.jks

> Do I need a SUN chain certificate here? i.e. there is a .truststore
> file do I need to update that somehow?

Where is this .truststore file located (in your home directory ?). Does
it contain the same self-signed cert ?.

Thanks.