users@glassfish.java.net

Different version Instances federated to same domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:42:31 PDT

Are there any foreseeable issues with having instances / nodes / clusters on different releases of glassfish all tied into a single domain?

For instance, say I have a domain that has 3 different clusters in it, and 1 cluster needs to upgrade for some reason. Is it going to cause any issues to have the Domain manager and nodes on dissimilar versions of glassfish?

[ DM GFv2UR1] [Node01 GFv2UR1] [Node02 GFv2UR2] [Node03 GFv3] etc.

Also, when you upgrade, whats the lowest level scope you can upgrade at? Can I upgrade at an instance level / cluster level or does it have to be at a node level?

TIA,

Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]