users@glassfish.java.net

jvmRoute and JSESSIONID cookie path

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:51:20 PDT

Hi,

using v2ur2.

I recently added the jvmRoute jvm option for my application, in order to support apache-based load balancing. The load balancing part works. No issue there.

However this results in a multiplication of JSESSIONID cookies in the browser. The session id remains the same. I don't have to relogin. What changes is the cookie path. One new cookie is created for every path I visit.

Did some network snooping and found out that a Set-Cookie: header is passed back every time I hit a new location, and the the cookie path is empty.

   Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=d5a648011f13bc9102367b36f015.thinkpad; Path=

I'm guessing this is related.

My application's context path is / . I don't need any other path.

I am able to reproduce this even by connecting directly to glassfish (bypassing apache). All I have to do is add the jvmRoute option.

Anyone seen this before?
Is there a write up somewhere describing exactly how glassfish fills in the cookie path and how it relates to the jvmRoute option?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'jbelis' (jbelis)]