users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Deployment fail with error Failed file login for admin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 13:10:06 PDT

This is rather weird. I am not sure if you are describing the entire set of events :). From the stack trace I could gather that you are trying to shut something down, either the admin server or or one of the other server (do you have clusters, instances etc)?

As an aside, the web interface is the correct place to change the admin password. The moment the password is changed, you should see something like:
[b]
The password for administrative user [security-realm: admin-realm] was changed successfully for immediate use on this domain administration server (DAS). Refer to documentation for details.
[/b]

in your admin server's (DAS) log.

It also appears to me that other instances are trying to use the old password since they are unaware of the change in admin server's password are probably using the old password in their memory.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]