users@glassfish.java.net

Resource is out of sync with the file system: '/Servers/GlassFish V2.server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:26:42 PDT

All

I downloaded and installed the GlassFish and SDK bundle containing the Sun Java System Application Server (GlassFish) and SDKs (GlassFish and SDK Update 5) that can be found here:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/community/glassfish/index.jsp

Then I downloaded the WTP 2.0.2 in my attempt to get the fixes to the 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 releases. I downloaded this bundle from here:

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/R-2.0.2-20080223205547/

After downloading this I extracted everything into my current Eclipse directory: C:\Eclipse (Version 3.3.2; Build id: M20080221-1800).

Then I used the script found here to install the GlassFish server adapter into my Eclipse:

https://glassfishplugins.dev.java.net/eclipse33/index.html

Now when I open Eclipse I get these "out of sync" messages.

Further, at the Server tab, if I was to right-click on the fishy icon and click "start', I get all of the startup messages in the Console, however when it gets to the point where it says "Publishing to GlassFish V2...", Vista pops up a dialog box (I am running Vista on a Dell laptop 2 Duo, 4G memory) saying "eclipse.exe" has stopped working, and I have no choice but Eclipse closes.

I have attached the .log file. This must be something so simple to fix but I can't see it.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is here? Could there be some configuration issue? Maybe I should not have downloaded and extracted the WTP 2.0.2 bundle over the current Eclipse installation? Or, do I need to get another version of GlassFish to download?

BTW: The GlassFish and SDK Update 5 bundle are installed in C:\Sun\SDK and Eclipse is installed at C:\Eclipse.

Thanks to all for your time and assistance.
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]