users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [V3] Needs JDK?

From: Raju Uppalapati <ruppalapati_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:57:11 -0700

Another data point:
A lot of users who tried our preview bits (based on GFV3) were no
developers. So they are not OS and J2EE savvy. They just had the JRE
on their box and the errors displayed in the server.log were not clear
enough to describe how to fix it.

So by requiring a JDK, you are making it a bit difficult to create a
positive impression on non-developer kind of user who is using GFV3.

_raju