users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish + JPA + TOPLINK + (EJB/Web) + more than 1 Persistence Unit

From: Mitesh Meswani <Mitesh.Meswani_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:39:06 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I've spent a lot of hours trying to replace JDBC with JPA + TOPLINK and I've got many problems and many references to the same code samples, to the same Toplink flaws:
>
> - Toplink jars must be packaged in the war(if a web application) or jar because if Toplink has been initialized, it doesn't reinitialize and desn't find the persistence.xml

This seems odd. Can you please give some more details. What do you mean
by "it doesn't reinitialize and desn't find the persistence.xml"? A bit
more description of the use case and a stack trace when the error occurs
would be helpful.

>- you cannot use two persistence units because when you try to open
the second, Toplinks finds itself initialized and it doesn't find the
second p.u. And this happens also in a standard JavaSE app
Can you also please give some more information for this use case. Are
you trying to use two pus packaged in same persistence.xml?