users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with second IIOP listener

From: Krzysztof Adamczyk <k.adamczyk_at_merge.com.pl>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:03:12 +0200

Hi all,

I need my EJB3 application (deployed on GlassFish V2) to be available
on two network interfaces:
one for local network and one for remote connections (by external IP).
This is because of the requirement that the app will work from
inside the company even if the internet connection crashes.

I created second IIOP-Listener, so now I have two:
- one listening on local IP and port 3700
- second listening on external IP and port 3701

I haven't configured security for any of these listeners.

Since I created the second listener, none of them works :(
I get strange error messages. For example, when I try to connect
to local IP / 3700 is says that can't connect to local IP / 3701

I've been looking at google, but there's not much about this...

Trying with one listener with IP set to 0.0.0.0 doesn't work, because
it seems to listen on 127.0.0.1 then, and all remote connections fail.

I will be gratefull for any suggestions. Or maybe I should do it
completely different way :)

Regards,
Chris