users@glassfish.java.net

Scheduled task in a clustered environment?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 05:42:34 PDT

Hi,

We have an application running on a cluster and now we need to have a scheduled task running which will look up things in the database and update them. We could use some suggestions on how to do this.

I have been thinking of having a small separate application running which will message or call our application that then will perform the task. This could be done with either a message bean or a remote stateless session bean. Do you think the scheduler easily can be included in the application and how should we best trigger it to start? Are there any problems with this setup in a cluster? Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'woel' (woel)]