users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2u1: server lag under "load"?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 07:54:02 +0200

Hi all;

coming back at this... :

Am Thu, 8 May 2008 17:30:40 +0200
schrieb "Gabor Szokoli" <szocske_at_gmail.com>:

> Can't you just set up independent listeners (with independent thread
> counts) to the two servers to avoid this?

Talking about all-local communication, would this be likely to resolve
my issues?

I thought about this as well yesterday in the afternoon... My
point, so far, is simple: Being willing to generally move my
infrastructure to EJB(3) is what drove me to glassfish, as I generally
consider the idea of "local HTTP remoting" to be slightly inefficient
and, in the same server, possibly harder to be meaningfully set up
than, say, EJB-based communication (feel free to prove me wrong here).
Porting our backend to EJB is work to be done however, and I would
certainly feel better having the majority of our applications in the
"current" fashion running in glassfish so I do have some time gathering
experiences with the server while rebuilding my backend application. To
add another thing: Moving in here from tomcat 6, the same setup
(backend and frontend on the same host, local HTTP remoting
communication) worked without any issues...

What are your thoughts on that?

Cheers & best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771