users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2u1: server lag under "load"?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 16:28:33 +0200

Scott;

Am Thu, 08 May 2008 07:16:29 -0700
schrieb Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>:

> Take a look at the stack traces for the 8080 worker threads, you can
> see that they are all calling out to an HTTP server. The fact that
> they are all doing that is an indication that remote machine is
> slow.

well I think I am slowly getting to the core of the problem, looking at
this:

Thread "httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-0" thread-id 66
[...]
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:373)
at:
com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(HessianProxy.java:145)
at: $Proxy126.getProjectByID(Unknown Source)
[...]

Our application initially had a "backend" and a "frontend", connected
via Spring-Remoting through Hessian. Being about to move them to the
same machine, they right now live inside the same glassfish, obviously
locally doing HTTP remoting calls. I am getting a sensation of causing
a deadlock this way, making these applications wait for each other 'til
the cows come home. Could this be the cause for my pain?

If so, I'll postpone anything else and do what I actually intended to
do by moving to glassfish - dump the pointless "local HTTP remoting" in
favor of making the backend an EJB application and using standard Java
EE means of communication...

Anyway, thanks a lot and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771