users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to invoke Client Callback Handler from EJB3 Session Bean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 16:33:44 PDT

Hello, Miro.

The callback handler is invoked automatically by the app client container (on the client side) when authentication is needed to first access a guarded resource on the back-end (such as an EJB).

Once the EJB is running its business logic on behalf of the client, that authentication has already completed and there is no mechanism for the EJB itself to reactivate the callback handler to prompt for additional information.

I don't think I clearly understand what you are trying to accomplish. Is the EJB in question one that does not require authentication, and then as it runs does it discover the need to do some additional processing that does require authentication?

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]