users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there a portable way to create files from a servlet ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 10:42:37 PDT

Thanks for your suggestion...

     But if I create a file in some directory say /usr/data/myfiles/myreport.pdf .. i cannot give a link to that file from a jsp ..
     I would like to create the pdf files in a directory that can be directly accessed from the browser..can we achieve this in a portable way ??

    It can be done easily in tomcat, coz in tomcat the war file is exploded when deployed so we can get the context's real path from servlet context from there u can store your files... but the same has to work in all app servers..

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'mustangdolphin' (mustangdolphin)]