users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do I make a connection pool less accessible?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 06:44:50 PDT

does the alias get translated before it gets put in the name service,
or has the alias been expanded into the datasource definition within the client?

the nameservice should only contain the alias, since the contents of the
nameservice are accessible to more than the intended clients, and yet the
intended clients need some way to get the password, and one way to do that would for Glassfish to provide it within the data-definition provided to the client. Other clients would
presumably not

I am not an connector or JNDI expert, so I sent a msg asking our connector guys to ask for comment.

Ron
[Message sent by forum member 'monzillo' (monzillo)]