users@glassfish.java.net

Re: migrated to gf -> and now?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 12:49:57 +0530

Thanks for sharing your migration experience. It is good to know that
you found it easier to migrate your apps.
I recommend you stick to Java EE platform for future enhancements, which
means using the modular techniques that Java EE platform provides, e.g.,
separating business logic to an appropriate EJB module, using JPA for
data access, and war module for presentation. Even if we base GlassFish
V3 on OSGi, your application would continue to work. We shall try to
provide extension points so that you can take advantage of the OSGi
environment, but the app would still be a pure Java EE application.

Thanks,
Sahoo