users@glassfish.java.net

GF with Apache on AIX

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:49:45 PDT

Hi guys, I want to load balance a new GF cluster with a web server plugin residing in Apache on AIX, as we already have dedicated AIX web servers running Apache. Nothing I have read so far seems to address this for Apache on AIX specifically. I see a lot of your posts on using mod_jk with Apache etc, but the downloads/set up for that seem to be for Linux, Sun OS etc and not for AIX.

Also, the mod_jk solution seems very very tedious in that we have to possibly manage/manually edit the lb config entries ourselves. In Websphere, there is a neat plugin generation tool that generates the plugin file, and a Websphere library that gets loaded into Apache that understands this plugin file, and that is it. We should have the same simplicity in GlassFish soon, if not already. Please let me know if there is something like that. At the very least, we should not be having to set up the worker.property type files ourselves, and that should be generated from the Admin GUI. I am fine with copying over a generated plugin file to the Apache web servers for load balancing.
[Message sent by forum member 'sram68' (sram68)]