users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to find out the actual JNDI name of a EJB 2.1 Compatibility View?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 05:53:58 -0700

You can browse the JNDI tree in the admin console. Or, you can see the
information in sun-ejb-jar.xml file that GlassFish deployment backend
generates. If you are looking for EJB inside foo.ear#ejb.jar, then look in:

domains/domain1/generated/xml/j2ee-apps/foo/ejb_jar/META-INF/sun-ejb-jar.xml

There you will the JNDI mapping information. If you care about
portability across servers, then you specify the JNDI name for the EJB
using @MappedName instead of relying on th default name that container
generates.

Thanks,
Sahoo