users@glassfish.java.net

Re: appservAgentService.exe not functional on Windows 2003

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:54:40 -0400

Don't create a windows service by hand, use this tool:

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqRunAsWindowsService

Make sure to remove the windows service you created before using that tool.

We've been using GlassFish V2 (SJSAS 9.1) in production since Sept 2007
on Windows 2003 Server. GlassFish runs well, the problem is Windows.
Microsoft has a TCP/IP leak with asynchronous sockets and every couple
months it brings down the TCP/IP stack. You have to reboot. Microsoft
has a hotpatch for it. We tried it, and it does not fix the problem.

Ryan