users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Slow to instaniate an object in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:00:59 PDT

Hum, to get down to the bottleneck, I tried this

Label label;
for(int i=0; i<1000; i++) {
    label = new Label("label", Integer.toString(i));
};

Where label is a POJO that basically creates the following HTML
The same piece of code took 0 msec to run under Jetty, but 2 seconds under Glassfish...

I guess you are right, instantiation should take no time.... now I begin to question whether it could be an issue with classloader.... maybe classloader is just not caching the class.
[Message sent by forum member 'raysung78' (raysung78)]