users@glassfish.java.net

java.net.BindException: Permission denied

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:59:16 PDT

Greetings, running into a problem with Sun Java System Application Server Enterprise Edition 8.2 (build b25-fcs). I have some instances setup to listen on ports under 1024, and this has been working great for quite some time. Recently patched the server and now I'm getting a BindException Permission Denied when trying to start up the instances with ports under 1024. Not sure what the trouble is, both the DAS and Nodeagents are running as root, so unless the AppServer got patched (not sure if it did or not) and there is new code that's buggy or is intended to behave like this, I don't know what is going on. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeremycrussell' (jeremycrussell)]